Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My First Blog!

Hello everybody!!! My name is Shaun Buynack I am 20 yrs old and I am from just out side of downtown Chicago. I am currently a junior here at bowling green. I am tourism and event planning major. I know this class has nothing to do with my major but I thought it would be an interesting class because I love sports. Also, I needed another elective class to fulfill the requirements for my major. I am hoping that I learn a lot more about sports than I know. I know that I am not one of the people in class that knows everything about every sport, players, statistics, and stories. I enjoy watching most sports, but the main sports I like to watch are hockey, football, and lacrosse.

The reason why I came to bowling green is because of my family. My dad went here and played football here. He was a fullback until he blew out his knee his sophmore year. He continued to go here and actually met my mom here. At that time my mom was the figure skating pro here. She had stopped going to school here and was teaching figure skating. She also was competing in national events and trying to go pro. That did not work out because she wanted to stay with my dad and not move out to Colorado. They moved back to Chicago and started my family. My oldest brother Brett went here and graduated and started his own company called College Party Planners. He plans frats and sororities formals by booking there hotels, buses, dj's, ect. My other brother Brady is still in school here but hopefully he graduates in December. He also is a tourism and event planning major and actually he is in one of my classes which is kind of funny. So, I basically did not have a choice when picking colleges, bowling green was the only choice for me.

The sports that I like to play are hockey, football, lacrosse, golf, skiing, snowboarding, and water skiing. I played football my whole life up until my sophomore year of high school. I had to quit because it was interfering with my hockey season. I quit football for hockey because I liked hockey a lot more than football. Since I was not playing football anymore I decided to pick up lacrosse because it didn't interfere with my hockey season. I loved football, but lacrosse was basically a combination of hockey and football so it was the next best thing. I also have been skiing and snowboarding since I was very little. I used to go out to Colorado a couple times a year but the older I got the harder and harder it was to get out there. Now I am only able to go out there once a year with my friends and my brother. We always take a road trip out to steamboat Colorado where my buddy has a house. I used to play golf when I was little but stopped as my other sports started to take over my schedule. This summer I was able to pick up golf again and played almost every weekend. I am glad I started to play again because it is a nice relaxing game to play and you can play your whole life. During the summer time I am able to go waterskiing a lot because a bunch of my friends have lake houses not to far from my house.

That is a brief summary of who I am and what I am about. I will be leaving a new post soon so drop on by shortly. Also, remember “don’t worry be happy”.

From, Shauny








2 comments:

  1. Hi Shaun(y),

    Thanks for sharing this introduction to your blog and sorry it took me so long to post it on External Links. I'm glad you shared the background of your family and how everyone has gone to BGSU. I didn't know that you had all these connections (Brady did not share about this:-) Does your mom still do anything with skating? I know there is still a great program here. Sorry that your dad blew out his knee, but I can see how that happens with football injuries. I knew that Brady was a big hockey player and fan, so was not surprised to hear that you were as well.

    You seem to have a very diverse sports background. Who were the male and female athletes that you said you would be interested in seeing? I feel as if your blog should include some musical background ("Don't worry, be happy:-)!"

    I look forward to reading more of your blog entries. This is a great start!

    Dr. Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well SHAUNY BUCKET,

    Solid Introduction there, kid! I knew your dad played football here but never knew about him being a fullback. That's pretty sweet. Speaking of BG, how we all got here is a small story. When I met you, I found out you were from IL and just outside the city. The high school you went to was a rival of mine in hockey. Two of your good friends are friends of mine and we both played against each other. Then, I had a whole year last year as your roommate.

    Crazy to think that Brady will be done with school in December. College is going by too fast. Brett even has his own business running. He main focus on frats and sororities is good idea. A lot of greek life always needs a planned event. I did not realize that was Brett's main focus. I assumed his business was just like your dads. You already thinking about what your business is going to based on?

    Good to start to the blog!

    ReplyDelete